With the allure of summer sewing I took a knitting hiatus for a few weeks after finishing my Gwynedd Hat but really missed having my hands busy while watching tv. I thought the Pickles Plain Vest would be a good mindless project and it might have been had I not misread the yarn requirements and ended up with entirely the wrong gauge. Then I put my mind on auto pilot a little too readily and kept making stupid mistakes like forgetting to knit a border. But, Kate’s torso is warm just in time for a massive, nasty snowstorm.
I really think some dark wood or fabric covered buttons would suit this better but that will have to wait until my next fabric shopping trip.
I made it a lot longer than the pattern recommended and I’m really hoping it still fits her in the fall.
You can read more about my tricky modification and see a few more photos on my Ravelry project page. I’m off to get some rest before a big birthday prep shopping trip tomorrow.