If you like fresh out of the shower pictures of me first thing in the morning have I got the post for you!

My wardrobe could definitely need more summer separates so I’m focusing on that in my sewing plans for the next little while.  I decided against making the raglan blouse with my precious Liberty Mirabelle after the disappointing muslin but I feel like I may have settled a bit with the pattern I chose. I think coordinating prints with appropriate patterns will be a new focusq1.

This out of print blouse definitely needs the belt to liven it up a bit.  It was nice, construction wise, to not have to worry about collars and other doo-dads and I do like this neckline.

I’ve been experimenting a bit with tissue fitting since they promote them so much in Fit for Real People but it doesn’t really give me a clear enough idea of the necessary tweaks.  So, I ended up making two muslins.  I may start doing more complete muslins with both sleeves and even buttons to get an ideal overview. In the end, I did a one inch full bust adjustment and lowered the darts a bit, which I think will be my official pattern adjustments from now on.  If I were to make this again, I would try to add a little bit of length which would require adjusting it to fit over my butt without bunching.

I’m hoping to get some work done on a skirt this weekend but that will depend on miss Kate and her nap, singular. Sigh. Happy weekend!

About these ads