Admittedly, this post is about a week late. But what can you do?
Pattern: Sweetheart Socks by Chrissy Gardiner – Interweave Knits Holiday 2007
Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight in Lover’s Leap – less than a skein
Needles: 2.o mm hiya hiya dpns
I skipped about four rows in the toe of the second sock because I thought I was going to run out of yarn but I had a metre or two leftover. Fiddle dee dee.
To keep the love vibe alive, I present some things I love, or more aptly don’t hate, about living here:
- It’s sunny about 90% of the time even though it’s very cold
- When I go to the grocery store in town I often see people from work and one of the cashiers always says hello.
- It’s extremely quiet. There are no drunkards shuffling past my bedroom window at two in the morning singing Sweet Caroline.
- We have a lot of space for very little rent.
- There’s no such thing as traffic. A school bus stopping is a major highway inconvenience.
- There are some large fields surrounding our little enclave where I can walk Bowie and allow him to hop around off leash.
Hopefully I can add more to the list as I meet more people and the weather becomes more hospitable.