I haven’t been so crafty lately – mostly because I still don’t have a table for my sewing machine and the sweetheart socks effed up my wrist and forearm with it’s punishing tight gauge. We still eat though so here’s some food!
- Over a month ago I was at work and our tv auto tuned to Martha and Chris got sucked in. An hour later he was jogging to the grocery store to buy ingredients for these.
So delicious. I would suggest perhaps not putting the filling in unless you’re eating them right away because it tends to get sucked into the cake.
- I have been obsessed with this easy, nutritious weeknight meal.
- I love making my own soup stock but the recipe I had been using from The New Vegetarian Epicure had you chopping up fresh veggies which just seemed like a waste. A tip from last month’s Martha Stewart Living suggested saving all your vegetable skins and leaves in the freezer until you need them. Awesome!
- I never really got biscotti. If I wanted a dried out cookie I’d buy a bag of Chips A’hoy. I was wrong.
- Another Smitten miracle:
I had to substitute olive oil for the veg oil because I was out and I found the cakes themselves to be a little off but the icing is a big keeper.
- One benefit to living on a reserve is fresh bannock at the grocery store!
This is only good immediately so we were forced to eat a huge amount on the first day. Poor us.
- Now I’ve made myself hungry and I’m off to work. Have a great week!