- I got in to the Cookie A class! As if there could be more icing on that cake Robyn is also giving me the class as an early birthday gift!!!
- After discussing with Robyn all the places we’re going to shop and eat in Seattle in Portland I am now 100% excited for this trip. Money be damned I am going to paint the Western coast of this continent red.
- On a sad note, I tried to add a panel to my room slippers and ended up rendering them unwearable. I really took my time in the repair but it just didn’t take. Le sigh.
- On the finishing steps I ran out of yarn again on Pioneer. Le sigh double. Ilovemath saves the day again by sending me more yarn.
- In the meantime I finished another pair of plain purse socks.
The yarn is the Paca Peds in Fireside that my mom got me in California. Sixty stitches, twisted rib cuff.
- I read Jane Eyre last week and I really, really loved it. After an English degree literature can seem like a bit of a slog but I couldn’t believe how the book sucked me in. Definitely an all time fave.
- I need a recipe for hamburger and hot dog buns. I am having no luck finding one on my own that rises and doesn’t taste really sweet.
- This Pasta with Cauliflower and Feta is my new go-to weeknight recipe. Delish.
- I was on a jag of watching movies that I really hated so I switched to documentaries and have landed on some really good ones.
- The new Jarvis Cocker and Yeah Yeah Yeahs albums are amazing. If you have any other recommendations for me please do tell.
- I shortened the sleeves on my Summer Blouse and I’m a lot happier with it now. I’m wearing it at this very moment.
- Melina very kindly sent me A Homemade Life and I can’t wait to dive in. Which is kind of funny because I’ve never read Molly’s blog.
- Erin also sent me a package which included a pack of coloured pencils. I thought that was so cute.
- I love this format. Apparently paragraphs intimidate me.