For those of you keeping track, I haven’t finished a sweater for myself since February of last year. I know! High time, my friends.

It would have been so tragic to wait until after I was pregnant and work bit my bit for three months and end up with a dud but thankfully I am pretty in love with this sweater.

The thing that drew me to this project when it was first published was the yarn so I decided to splurge and go with the Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted Blackberry as used in the pattern photos. Unfortunately, the yardage requirements are greatly overestimated in the pattern and I have three full (pricey!) skeins leftover. I guess Kate will be getting a matching sweater.

When I first bound off I was a little worried to find that it was a bit snug in the bust but some good blocking solved that issue. I also don’t need it to have a lot of positive ease because I will be wearing it longer than I will be breastfeeding, god willing.

I sewed some grosgrain ribbon onto the button band to stabilize it but it still does droop a little. If I were to do it over I would make the garter band five stitches wide instead of three.

I made lots of modifications and you can read all about them here on my Ravelry project page.

It’s been quite cool here lately and I definitely feel Fall coming on so I’m itching to cast on for another sweater.  We’ll just have to see if I guilt out and make one for Kate’s chilly arms first.

Advertisements