You are currently browsing the daily archive for November 30, 2010.
It has been snowing here for at least two weeks straight so I’ve decided to hunker down and make a whack of Christmas gifts and what I can’t make will be delivered to my door by the kind folks at Canada Post. I’m planning a few things for Kate, one of which is almost done, and since I’m pretty sure she doesn’t read this I’ll give a peek soon but for now here are some things I’ve been distracting myself with when I should be sewing / knitting / embroidering / baking / childrearing:
- I’ve always been dismayed by my lack of snowflake making ability. Mine always look like some weird Aztec symbol. So this video on how to properly fold a paper square and these templates opened a whole new world of paper cutting fun for me.
- I printed this latke recipe over two years ago and finally made them this week and they’re super delicious.
- This series on modifying a sweater have me itching to go to Value Village. Maybe in the new year.
- I have eggnog bars setting in the fridge from a back issue of Living and I think they’re going to be phenomenal.
- I’ve been really lazy with meal planning these last few months which has resulted in me coming home from the grocery store with a carton of milk, a bunch of bananas and no meal ideas but this little meal planner print out inspired me to sit down and spend literally hours with my cookbooks and plan the next two weeks of dinners. I think I even saved some money at Sobeys.
- This handmade nursery totally knocked my socks off. The rug alone made me feel like such a crafty loser.